If you hear the chorus Korbo, Lorbo, Jeetbo Re (We will fight, perform and prevail!) at the sports venues, it’s the signal that Knights wearing gold and purple jerseys are on the field today. In the stadiums, Kolkata Knight Riders have a cricket franchise that is owned by Sharukh Khan, Juhi Chawla, and her husband Jay Mehta that represents the city of Kolkata. It is the Knight Riders Sports Pvt Ltd was founded by them, and manages their KKR team. In the past, current BCCI President Sourav Ganguli was chosen as the team’s most iconic player.
The Kolkata Knight Riders have twice been crowned the winners of their share of the Indian Premier League. Kolkata Knight Riders won their trophy first time in 2012, beating Chennai Super Kings, and the second time in 2014, defeating Kings XI Punjab. The team boasts longer winning streak than any other Indian squad in T20 cricket.
It is the Kolkata Knight Riders’ home stadium is Eden Gardens, which the Bengal Cricket Association owns. With a capacity of 90,000 people It is among India’s biggest stadiums. However, the capacity was reduced to 68,000 after the renovations of the year 2011. However, Eden Garden is the third-largest stadium for cricket anywhere in the globe. In the coming year, Eden Garden is set to host two playoff matches in the Indian Premier League on May 24 and 25. The first game on May 24th will be a Qualifier 1 The second game is the elimination game on the 25th.
They are the team with one of the most successful winning streaks of all time in IPL history, winning 10 times from 2014 to 2015. The streak started on the 7th of May 14th, 2014, in a match against Delhi Daredevils and ended with the three-wicket win against Kings XI Punjab in the final game of the season. Nine of their victories were at the hands of Kings XI Punjab. The teams they beat during their 2014 run included they were the Delhi Daredevils, Mumbai Indians, Sunrisers Hyderabad (twice), Chennai Super Kings, and Royal Challengers Bangalore.
It was a winning season after they took the first win but lost the next. It’s no wonder that everybody wants the players of KKR in their own fantasy cricket team. It’s a type of virtual cricket which allows players to build their own cricket teams using players from two teams that are playing in the live match. They pick their team by looking at the previous performances by the player.
Andre Russell, Varun Chakravarthy, Venkatesh Iyer, Sunil Nerine, Shreyas Iyer, Pat Cummins, Abhijeet Tomer, Sam Billings, Alex Hales, Ramesh Kumar, Mohammed Nabi, Aman Khan, Umesh Yadav, Nitish Rana, Shivam Mavi, Sheldon Jackson, Ajinkya Rahane, Rinku Singh, Anukul Roy, Rasikh Dar, Chamika Karunaratne, Ashok Sharma, Pratham Singh. A few from these are the most selected players in fantasy cricket.
Players who were kept in 2022: The Player who was retained in 2022:
The year before, Kolkata Knight Riders invested 34 crores in keeping 4 players
- Andre Russell (All-rounder)-INR 12 crores
- Venkatesh Iyer (All-rounder)-INR 8 crores
- Varun Chakravarthy (Bowler)-INR 8 crores
- Sunil Narine (All-rounder)-INR 6 crores
The following are interesting facts regarding Kolkata Knight Riders. Kolkata Knight Riders:
- The first 4 seasons of the team, it was evident that the frenzied KKR team did not perform well however, things was changed after 2012, when the team struck it big and took home their first championship.
- The total value for Kolkata Knight Riders in 2022 According to Forbes the report, is $1.1 billion.
- The Kolkata Knight Rider jersey was created by Manish Malhotra, who is a well-known stylist.
- The HTML0 is third-highest-valued Franchise.
- The Knight Riders’ opening batsman, Brendon McCullum, scored an impressive 158 runs in the inaugural IPL T-20 game and broke the record of T-20 tournaments for the most runs that a batsman has scored.