It doesn’t matter – a new apartment or an old one – but one way or another we need to make it more comfortable, which includes many functions, including changing the interior design.
Sometimes the siding contractors in bay area offer absolutely not what we need, and we would like to improve the situation, but not all ideas are possible for implementation and official agreement. And in order to comply with safety rules, it will not be superfluous to take into account the norms of the law when planning.
Thus, we are usually faced with the following tasks:
- what is permissible to change in the apartment and what is not;
- that can be agreed upon simply or with difficulty;
- and is it worth playing candles with this planning ;
- but how to bypass these norms after all;
- what will happen if nothing is agreed upon;
- where to run and with whom to agree.
… and many more similar questions.
So, the basis of all norms and laws is the idea of not harming the residents of the house, and yourself as well.
A list of what you absolutely cannot do:
- It is impossible to allow the bearing structures of the building to collapse due to a violation of their strength and stability.
- It is not possible to increase the load on load-bearing structures beyond the tolerance when replacing partitions, installing equipment, and working with the floor.
- It is not possible to carry out actions to reduce or dismantle ventilation boxes.
- In a single-level apartment, you cannot place bathrooms and toilets above living rooms and kitchens.
- Take into account the placement of the upper floor bathrooms so as not to place your kitchen below them.
- You cannot place your kitchen above the downstairs living room.
- It is not possible to place the entrance to the bathroom from the living room or kitchen (it is possible from the bedroom, if there is another bathroom with a toilet and an exit not into the living room).
- Access to plumbing fixtures, risers, counters, fans and ventilation boxes must not be blocked.
- Radiators connected to the central heating system cannot be moved to a balcony or loggia.
- It is not possible to arrange warm floors at the expense of the central heating system.
- The regulation of the minimum area of a living room for a one-room apartment should exceed 14 m 2 , in two-room apartments and a more common room should exceed 16 m 2 , a bedroom – 10 m 2 , and a kitchen – 8 m 2 (a kitchen niche can be 5 m 2 ).
- Natural light should be in all living rooms and the kitchen.
- The kitchen should have fixed dimensions and be separated by a separate entrance door if there is a gas stove.
- It is strictly forbidden to change the appearance of the building, which belongs to the objects of cultural heritage.
What can be done when replanning an apartment:
You ask – what can be done? We answer.
When agreeing on a sketch of the BTI plan (a simple option):
- You can change the location of the load-bearing partitions toilets, bathrooms, kitchens, as well as living spaces and increase them due to the corridor and utility rooms.
- On the contrary, you can increase the corridor and utility rooms at the expense of toilets, bathrooms, and kitchens.
- You can combine the kitchen and the room if the kitchen is located in a wet area.
When developing a project, engineering calculation, etc. (A more complicated option):
- You can make a hole in the load-bearing wall.
- You can merge the balcony and the room.
- You can eliminate the window sill part of the opening between the room and the balcony (if you keep the load-bearing bridge and the arrangement of stained glass windows or doors).
- When combining two apartments, you can equip a living space at the expense of one of the kitchens.
- You can change the appearance of the building.
- You can place a solid fuel fireplace on the top floor (or on any level of a two-level top floor apartment).
All these rules and regulations are non-negotiable, they just need to be followed. However, if there is a goal and a desire, you can realize a lot.
Think first, will the final result be justified and not wasteful in terms of money and time?
Coordination of planning and preparation of documents is handled by the host himself, or an organization specialist upon approval of planning.
What documents are required:
- Technical passport of residential premises in BTI.
- A sketch plan based on the BTI plan (for simple transformations) or a redevelopment project -planning project ordered from an organization that is formed in the SRO and has permission for such types of work (in the case of complex transformations).
- Redevelopment project from the author of the project or SUE “LvivzhilNIIIproekt” for Lviv and its analog for other cities (if the redevelopment concerns load-bearing structures and complex transformations ).
- Documents are submitted to the Multi-functional Centers for the provision of public services.
What norms can be bypassed:
Attention, this does not apply to the change of supporting structures!
In each case, you need to consider the situation nearby, and already draw conclusions. But we will still give a few examples:
Connecting the balcony to the room, and insulating it necessarily, the window can be brought into the garage. Or, in the place where the kitchen is supposed to be, you can arrange a living room, and place the kitchen itself in another place, leaving at the same time the ways leading out.
It will be necessary to agree with the examiner, in which case personally, according to the fact.
What are the consequences of replanning without agreement:
An inspector from the HOA/Management company may come following a neighbor’s complaint with a request to coordinate the layout or bring everything back to the original state. In case of inactivity, you will be required to restore everything to its original state by court order. This will be an administrative offense.
Don’t forget, too, that inconsistent planning can become a problem when selling an apartment, when the buyer will demand a price reduction because of it.
We strongly advise you to study all the nuances, rules and norms before dealing with the issue of redevelopment, as well as to use the services of specialists in this field.