Among the various ways of organizing entrance to the territory, roll-up gates are noted, the installation of which is considered a modern technological solution. One of the main elements of the design is the roller system, represented by various types from domestic and foreign manufacturers.
Manual and automatic mechanisms are provided for gate control. Manual control is based on the rotation of the handle fixed on the frame post. When choosing such a scheme, it is necessary to install ordinary or special locks. The automatic version is based on the operation of an electric drive, which allows you to move the structure along the guide rails by pressing a button. Unlocking systems and limit switches, necessary to stop the gate at the end point of movement, are included in its configuration.
Components of the roller system
The components of the sliding gate, which ensures the free movement of the canvas made of sandwich panels, wood or metal sheets of a regular or profiled type, include:
- bearing rollers, the number and type of which determines the type of system;
- guide rails of a special shape, fixed at the bottom along the entire length of the gate to ensure the given position of the structure during its movement;
- Brackets from a metal base and two pairs of adjustable rollers designed to maintain the vertical position of the gate, as well as to prevent swinging, falling and tilting of the canvas;
- end rollers that ensure a smooth entry of the gate into the catcher and are made of a maintenance-free bearing that operates for a long period without lubrication;
- catches the portal, adjustable in height, which is placed at the top and bottom of the canvas, and also takes part of the load from the weight of the structure on itself;
- rubber plug to protect the guide console from snow and debris.
Roller carriages are the basis of the rolling system, they are called supports. Their high-quality installation on a supporting beam or guide rail requires a calibrated position and distance between them. The end of roller rollers must have a protective cover that performs the same function as a rubber plug.
The operation of the roller system involves the unhindered movement of the frame with the cladding along the cantilever blocks without rolling, falling or rocking.
Design and features of the carriage
The base rollers have a steel plate with reinforced closed-type bearings installed on them. Low-temperature varieties are intended for their lubrication. The cart has eight rollers, which are placed in pairs along the plate. Such several turning wheels ensure independent adjustment of the points of contact with the guide element. At least six rollers are in contact with the surface of the rail during the movement of the gate.
Carriages can have large and small bases, which determine the convenience of their installation. The roller system, represented by an integrally made product, is attached to the platform with the help of a special locking ring. Technological holes in the amount of four to six pieces are made on it. They are intended for high-quality installation of the platform to the prepared foundation.
The small base of the carriage makes it possible to weld the base of the roll-back system directly to the embedded ones made in concrete. A trolley with rollers and a guide rail, subject to the load of the entire canvas-blocking structure, ensure its easy, quiet movement.
Types of systems
The types of rolling gates determine the types of roller supports, which must correspond to the size and weight of the structure. These include:
- Cantilever systems have four pairs of wheels that are attached to a metal carriage and welded to a channel embedded in the foundation. At the same time, the wheel supports are attached to the side in the upper part of the structure.
- The roller system in hanging sliding gates involves the use of several pairs of wheels that are mounted in the upper guide from the edge and in the central part of the frame.
- Two blocks of carriages for wide frames from the lower guide hold, move and ensure their stable operation. Rollers have a special design similar to railway wheels. The radius of the rim on the outside is smaller compared to the inside.
Optimal selection criteria
For the stable operation of the system, it is necessary to buy high-quality carriages with wheels that provide the fast movement with easy, smooth and silent movement. The main selection criteria include:
- place of attachment of roller carts;
- wheel material: polymers or metal ;
- the degree of reinforcement of the material for the production of wheels;
- quality of bearings in supports;
- manufacturing company;
- the cost of the carriage.
When choosing rollers, Wrought Iron Sacramento recommends focusing on the total weight of the barrier structure, the width of the opening for the passage of vehicles, and the height of the canvas.
Stages of self-installation
Properly executed installation guarantees long-lasting and trouble-free operation of barrier structures.
After the installation of the support posts, arrangement of the concrete base with reinforced embeddings, manufacture of the gate frame and its cladding, the installation of the roller system is started. The main stages of installation include:
- Welding the guide to the gate frame.
- Installation of adjusting stands under roller supports.
- Rolling the assembled barrier structure onto a carriage with wheels.
- Installation of the end roller and fastening of the bracket that keeps the canvas from lateral swaying.
- Checking the smoothness of the frame.
- Welding of the upper and lower catcher portal, the catcher pole to the bails.
- Checking the correct installation of all system components.
Compliance with all recommendations is a guarantee of the long service life of the sliding gate without repairs and replacement of carriages.