Answering All The Common Queries About Sclerotherapy 

An FDA-approved procedure for treating spider veins and varicose veins is called sclerotherapy. It entails injecting a sclerosing solution—typically a saltwater solution of medical grade—into specific locations on the vein walls. The procedure is quick and painless, and the benefits—including pain relief—appear soon after. There are various sclerotherapy treatments in Boise that can help you.

The accessibility of this treatment is among its most important Sclerotherapy Treatment advantages. You are an excellent candidate if you have spider or varicose veins on your legs, hands, arms, or feet that affect you, are not pregnant, and do not have localized blood clotting.

  •  What should I advise you about during my first consultation?

If you have an infection that needs antibiotic treatment, let us know at your initial visit. Within two weeks after receiving therapy, you should not be taking antibiotics. We also need to know about any herbal, vitamin, or other supplements you are taking. Both prescription and over-the-counter medicines fall under this category.

Blood thinning caused by several drugs, vitamins, and supplements may alter how your therapy will go or turn out. We will provide you with a list of all prescription drugs and dietary supplements you must forgo for 48 hours before and 72 hours following your treatment at your initial appointment. 

  •  What results should I aim for?

After your initial Sclerotherapy Treatment session, 60% and 80% of the treated veins should vanish. Re-treatment will be required for the remaining 20% to 40% of treated veins. After just one treatment session, most spider veins and minor varicose veins are eliminated. Two treatment sessions are often needed for larger varicose veins.

  •  How about if I am pregnant?

Pregnant ladies should not undergo this Sclerotherapy treatment. There is a strong likelihood that your varicose and spider veins are brought on by pregnancy-related lower abdominal weight gain and elevated venous blood pressure. Your venous blood volume and weight should return to normal, and your veins will regain health within a few months of giving birth.

  •  What are the main varicose veins risk factors?

Hypertension (high blood pressure), obesity, pregnancy, and a sedentary lifestyle are the main causes of varicose veins. Regularly spending lengthy amounts of time motionless, family history, hormone abnormalities, and aging are other risk factors.

  •  How can I reduce the risk of further varicose veins?

As you become older, your chance of getting varicose veins dramatically increases. Although you cannot stop the aging process, you may take measures to maintain the health of your veins. Examine your salt and water consumption exceptionally carefully if you are over 45. Dehydration and too much salt both raise your risk of hypertension. Do not cook with salt; consume at least eight glasses of water daily.


With a discerning eye and a penchant for depth, Erdmann crafts content that intrigues and informs. At, he navigates the intricacies of life, offering readers a compelling journey through thought and experience.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button